On Wednesday 23 November, the children of Cárdenas in the Mexican state of Tabasco welcomed Alberto Piatti, Director of Eni's sustainable development, the group with which AVSI Mexico is active in the Proedu project.
A day of songs, dances and typical products organized with the community, the protagonist of every AVSI project. The event was also attended by the Mayor of Cárdenas Maria Ester Zapata and Gricel Morales School Supervisor of the primary schools of the Region
The PROEDU project for access to education.
In 2020 AVSI Mexico and Eni signed a local cooperation agreement which aims to strengthen the educational skills and competences of school area 46 of the Municipality of Cardenas, in the state of Tabasco.
- promote equitable and inclusive access to quality education and learning
- decrease the rates of absenteeism, dispersion and early school leaving
- reduce the inadequacy of the infrastructures
- improve the skills of 60 teachers
- involve the parents of male and female students more.
As part of the Proedu project, 4 primary public schools were renovated for the benefit of 637 pupils and around 900 people were reached by awareness campaigns for the management of the Covid-19 epidemic. Between 2020 and 2024, the beneficiaries of the project will be around 1,600 boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14 who attend 13 public schools.