AVSI in Italy
- Milano Headquarters Via Donatello, 5B
20131 Milano (M1 Lima – M2 Piola)
Tel.: 02 6749 881
Fax: 02 6749 0056
- Cesena - Distance support Via Padre Vicinio da Sarsina, 216
Tel.: 0547 360 811
Fax: 0547 611 290
- International adoptions Milano 02 674 988 373 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cesena 0547 360 804 | email@example.com
Napoli 081 284 071 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Firenze 055 010 7767 | email@example.com
Supporting solidarity: in our country we have been working on several projects concerning migration, community outreach and international adoptions
Since the beginning of our activity, we have combined the effort into the most vulnerable countries all over the world with the activity of awareness in Italy, concerning the themes of cooperation and development. In order to face the refugee crisis in 2015, we started integration and job creation programmes for asylum-seekers and beneficiaries of international and humanitarian protection, and we created the Network refugees, which includes more than 25 associations, committed to migration issue.
Since 2019, we have been involved in programs of assisted voluntary return, even due to our involvement in the main countries where the migration journey starts.
Migration and integration
Our willingness to start projects to encourage the integration of the beneficiaries of international protection in Italy, is inspired by the experience with the refugees in the world, either in the countries where the migration flows started or in the transit and destination countries in Africa, Middle East and South America. Those projects have been funded by private institutions and carried out in five regions (Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Latium, Campania and Sicily), in partnership with third-sector entities above all with companies.
The integration of migrants through job creation:
- complies with the real need of trained staff in the involved companies
- is based on a training course elaborated by all the partners, from the emergency reception centres (CAS/ Sprar/ Siproimi), to the educational institutions and companies; it combines the technical language training and the soft skills development with a practical experience of training on the job, through internships
The Assisted Voluntary Return program
The assisted voluntary return with reintegration (RVA & R) is an option available for the migrants who lie on the national territory irregularly, or want to come back to their home country at the end of their migration experience. We are involved in two projects with CIR (Italian Council for refugees) and CIES (Information and Education Centre for development), which are both financed by the National programme Fami (Asylum and migration fund and integration of UE). Moreover, in addition to the activity of outreach and support for the migrants in Italy, AVSI branches abroad or AVSI local partners take care of welcoming returnees in 20 different countries.
The programme consists of:
- information about RVA&R
- support for administrative formalities
- planning of an individual programme of reintegration, supervised also by local staff of the home country
- proposal of professional training courses before the departure (in cooperation with the Municipality of Milan and addressed to the migrants in the city)
- organization of the return to the home country
- availability of well-trained staff of AVSI or local partners in the country of origin to welcome migrants and to contribute, even economically, to their integration. The support has a duration of six months, at least
The Tents Campaign
Every year AVSI proposes awareness and fundraising initiatives through the Tents Campaign. The idea came to light at the end of the ‘80s under a “tenda" (tent), hence the name, arranged by a group of volunteers to support our projects in Africa. Every year, more than 900 events are organized, 273 groups composed of 1,683 volunteers with whom AVSI is in direct contact, part of a network of more than 3,000 people.
The collaboration with schools
The Distance support program gives the opportunity to the students, not only to face with solidarity first hand, but also to know the world of cooperation and its protagonists through meetings with our international staff or with the children supported (remote meetings). The project and all its correlated activities are arranged by teachers, in order to insert in the students’ career the themes of integration, tolerance and global citizenship education.
AVSI is authorized by the Italian Commission for International Adoptions with offices in Milan, Cesena, Florence and Naples. AVSI adheres to “Oltre l'adozione”, the organization of authorized entities for the subsidiarity of the international adoption.