Agriculture and food security
AVSI’s agriculture and food security interventions target countries with high levels hunger and poverty.
Through public private partnerships with stakeholders, AVSI has developed/championed climate-smart and gender-mainstreamed approaches that have empowered smallholders and agripreneurs to become key contributors to food systems, socio-economic transformation, and environmental conservation.
- We support the empowerment of farming communities, better access and sustainable management of natural resources, technologies and services to increase their productivity and income generation.
- We collect and share information on access to market, innovations and technologies and socio-economic development.
- We strengthen the capacities of all key stakeholders to ably respond to shocks to their agricultural livelihoods and build resilience of their food systems
- We engage in broad partnerships for targeted and cordinated actions towards achieving common goals of eradicating hunger and malnutrition, and promoting sustainable agriculture and responsible consumption
- We have a focus on inclusive agriculture-driven economic growth by targeting and empowering women, girls, youth and marginalised communities.
- We know that agriculture has an important role to play in combating climate change; our approach values climate-smart innovations, promotes digitisation and value chain growth to help vulnerable communities adapt and thrive