AVSI is present in Mozambique since 2010, working in the education, urban development, energy and environment sectors. With 15 projects in the provinces of Maputo, Cabo Delgado and Zambezia, AVSI receives funds from various donors: AICS, EU, DFID, Japan Embassy, GIZ/EnDev and privates.
Education and Vocational Training
AVSI has a great experience in the implementation of educational programs in various schools and in collaborating with universities in Maputo and Pemba. The activities carried out include: methodological and motivational training for professors, infrastructural interventions, strengthening of schools, psycho-social support, extracurricular activities, home visits. AVSI has developed its own methodology for orientation, vocational training and integration in the job market.
AVSI works in the suburbs of Maputo and Pemba with a participatory, community and integration method that allows the individuation and improvement of the priorities highlighted by the population. The support consist in an environmental analysis of the areas and the socio-economic dynamics to get to know their state and to elaborate urban plans.
Energy and Environment
AVSI is in charge of distributing and selling Improved Cooking Stoves. The goals that have been reached are the following:
- 35.000 improved cooking stoves sold;
- Institution of a social cooperative with the aim of creating employment in the areas of the project;
- Local production of improved cookstoves to increase the selling market and local entrepreneurship;
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Reduction in the use of charcoal and a consequent increase in families’ incomes
Rua de Xipamanine 271 – Maputo
Tel +258 82 052 8018 / Fax +258 21 405016