Last update: 31 March 2023
In compliance with the provisions of Articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the Protection of Personal Data, the following text indicates the methods we adopt in respect of the privacy of our Supporters and Donors, describing how we collect, use and protect the personal information, their rights and how they can contact us.
AVSI FOUNDATION with registered office in Via Padre Vicinio da Sarsina 216 – 47521, Cesena (FC) - tax ID no. 81017180407 (from now on "AVSI” or “Data Controller"), in person of its temporary legal representative, as DATA CONTROLLER
Headquarter: Via Donatello 5/b - 20131, Milano: Tel 02-6749881 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of personal data collected
The personal data collected, through the website or through paper forms of Donation and Support, mainly concern personal data, contact information, the amount to be donated, the frequency, the project to be supported and the data relating to the payment method.
Purpose of data processing
The data we collect through the website or through Donation and Support forms will be processed for the following purposes, according to the specific request made by the subject:
- Allow the person requesting it to support a child or an AVSI project
- Manage the correspondence between the Supporter and the Beneficiary of the support;
- Receive a free donation or periodic donations, through the website, the donation form or through our Delegates;
- Provide certificates of donation / support for tax purposes;
- Receive support through various services and projects offered and managed by AVSI (5x1000, corporate gifts, favors, legacies, etc.);
- Manage donations, payments and all related tax and regulatory obligations;
- Allow participation in events and initiatives organized by AVSI or in which AVSI takes part;
- Satisfy a specific request submitted by the User;
- To send periodic communications by sms, WhatsApp and other social channels communicated by the donor, regarding the supported projects or similar initiatives and updates regarding AVSI activities; In particular, for the conditions applicable to the use of the WhatsApp service which is completely independent of the AVSI Foundation, we invite you to consult the terms and conditions of use and the related information on the processing of personal data, at the following link: https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/privacy-policy-eea
- Carry out statistical analysis and market research
Legal basis and provision of data
The provision of the requested data, through the support form, is necessary to satisfy the requests and wishes of the interested party, otherwise the interested party will not be able to complete the support or the donation.
The processing of personal data resulting from donation or specific project support is based on the principle expressed by Article 6 letter b, of the Regulation GDPR, according to which the processing of personal data is lawful if necessary for the execution of the requested service.
The donation will allow the data controller, on the basis of his legitimate interest (Article 6 letter f, of the Regulation GDPR), to send, exclusively via email, communications relating to activities and projects similar to those supported.
In any case, the right to revoke the express consent is always guaranteed, through the unsubscribe procedure present in the communications received and / or by sending a specific request to the following dedicated e-mail Fondazione.Avsi@avsi.org
Only on the basis of an express consent, manifested through the appropriate flag in the donation/support website form or by signing the specific declaration in the paper form, the personal contact data of the interested party (name, surname and e-mail) may be used to carry out statistical analysis and market research, also by sending the data to commercial partners of AVSI (Article 6 letter a, of the Regulation GDPR).
The provision of data for statistical analysis and market research is optional, the refusal does not entail any consequences. In any case, the right to revoke the express consent is always guaranteed by sending a specific request to the following dedicated e-mail Fondazione.Avsi@avsi.org
The processing of personal data means their collection, registration, organization, storage, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, dissemination, cancellation and destruction, or the combination of two or more of these operations, including through automated tools designed to store, manage and transmit the data, using tools suitable for guaranteeing security and confidentiality.
With regard to security, we inform you that the database is accessible only by the staff appointed by the Data Controller, as well as the related operations described above: we inform also that the processing of your data will take place using methods and tools suitable for guaranteeing confidentiality and may be carried out through electronic or automated means and through non-automated means (paper archives), both provided with adequate security measures, as required by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the Protection of Personal Data, to prevent the loss of data, illicit or inappropriate use and unauthorized access.
Communication of data to third parties
Without prejudice to any communications to comply with legal obligations, AVSI will communicate the personal data provided by Users, Supporters and Donors with attention only to third parties selected to support the requested service such as:
- delegates and volunteers active in raising funds on behalf of AVSI;
- company in charge of logistics and shipping activities;
- banking institutions, for the management of receipts and payments, including remote electronic payment service providers;
- consultants and collaborators appointed to provide (by way of example) assistance in tax, accounting and legal matters;
- subjects that provide services for the management of the information system and databases and telecommunications networks;
- company that provides the platform for sending newsletters
- subjects who carry out control, revision and certification tasks.
- AVSI partners who guarantee the support and development of cooperation and humanitarian aid projects in the various countries
- commercial partners for statistical analysis and market research
Data transfer to non-EU countries
If necessary, AVSI will have the right to transfer data to non-EU countries. In this case, the Data Controller ensures from now on that the transfer of data outside the EU will take place in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, by stipulating, if necessary, agreements that guarantee an adequate level of protection and/or adopting the standard contractual clauses provided by the European Commission and/or binding corporate rules.
Personal data provided via the website or paper forms to support projects and make donations to AVSI will be processed in relation to the performance of the services for the entire duration of the contractual relationship and no later than the deadlines for fulfilling legal obligations.
With regard to the sending of email relating to AVSI's activities and supported projects, please note that the data provided will be kept for a maximum of 48 months from the last action that proves an interest of the subject towards AVSI (donation or acknowledgment of information communications and newsletters) without prejudice to the right of the interested party to withdraw consent at any time.
With regard to the specific statistical analysis and market research, please note that the data provided will be kept for a maximum of 48 months from the last action that proves an interest of the subject towards AVSI (donation or acknowledgment of information communications and newsletters) without prejudice to the right of the interested party to withdraw consent at any time.
Rights of the Data Owner
Pursuant to EU Regulation 679/2016, the interested party have: the right to ask the Data Controller for access to personal data (Article 15), the rectification (Article 16), the cancellation of the same or the oblivion (Article 17), the limitation of the processing of their personal data (Article 18), the right to data portability (Article 20) or to oppose their processing (Article 21), in addition to the right to not be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects that significantly affect the interested party (Article 22).
If the processing of personal data is based on your express consent, pursuant to art. 7 paragraph 3 of the Regulations, you are entitled to withdraw from the newsletter subscription at any time or revoke the consent provided for sending communications and updates for marketing and commercial purposes.
You are also recognized the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in charge (Article 77 of the Regulation) if you believe that the processing carried out by the Data Controller is not compliant.
Requests can be made to the Data Controller by writing a letter to the headquarters in Via Donatello 5/b - 20131 Milan or by writing an email to email@example.com
Links to third party sites
Data Protection Officer
Pursuant to artt. 3 e 27 of the EU Reg. No. 2016/679, informs you that the Data Controller has nominated as DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO) the company named CONSULENTI PRIVACY SRL, with registered office in Via Valentini n. 11, 47922 Rimini (RN) C.F. and VAT N. IVA 04391970409, Tel. 0541 1798723, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Legal Email email@example.com - DPO address for FONDAZIONE AVSI ONLUS – ONG: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
AVSI reserves the right to modify this information as necessary. Please check this page periodically in case you want to keep track of the changes.