In accordance with the requirements of articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on Personal Data Protection, the following text illustrates the methods we adopt to respect the privacy of the Users of our website, and of our Supporters and Donors. In the text, we describe how we collect, use and protect their personal data, which are their recognized rights, and how they can contact us.
AVSI Foundation (henceforth referred as “AVSI”)
Headquaters: Via Donatello, 5B 20131 Milan, Italy
Phone: 02 6749 881 - Fax: 02 6749 0056 - email@example.com
The personal data collected from the website or from the paper forms (used for the donations and Distance Support) mainly concern biographical data, contact information, the amount and frequency of the donations, the projects to support, and the methods of payment.
Purpose of Processing
The data we collect from the website or from the Support and Donations paper forms will be used by AVSI for the following purposes, depending on the specific request of the interested individual:
- Allow the individual who requests it to support a child at distance. AVSI will link the profile of the Supporter to the most vulnerable child, and it will be able to manage the correspondence between the Supporter and the Beneficiary of the support;
- Receive free or periodical donations through the website, the donation forms or through our delegates;
- Provide certifications of the contributions made (donations or Support) for tax purposes;
- Receive support through other services and projects offered and coordinated by AVSI (5x1000, company gifts, wedding and party favors, bequests, etc.);
- Manage the donations and the payments, plus all the tax and administration obligations related to them;
- Allow the participation to events and initiatives organized by or involving AVSI;
- Satisfy a specific request made by the User;
- Perform statistical analysis and market research;
- Send periodic newsletters and informative communications regarding AVSI’s projects, initiatives, and updates, through automated systems (email, SMS) or traditional ways (paper magazine).
Legal basis and provision of data
The provision of data is optional; however, it appears to be necessary to satisfy the individual’s requests and desires. The processing of the personal data collected through donations and support is based on the art.6 of the Regulation, which states that the processing of personal data is legitimate if required in order to meet the objectives of the service requested by the provider of the data, or of the contract to which the provider is a party.
The provision of the data required for receiving newsletters and informative communications is optional, and its refusal has no consequences except the impossibility to receive promotional material on activities and projects. The processing of personal data for such purpose is based on the free, specific consent expressed by the individual.
Method of Processing
“Processing of personal data” means their collection, registration, organization, retention, elaboration, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, deployment, interconnection, blockage, communication, distribution, and elimination. It also implies the combination of two or more of such operations, even when implemented by automated systems specifically programmed to store, manage, and forward such data using tools suitable for granting their security and confidentiality.
Concerning security, we want to specify that the database is available only for those members of the staff appointed by the Controller; likewise, the processing of your data through the operations mentioned above will be carried out with tools suitable for granting their confidentiality, both with or without automated means (electronically or with paper records). In both cases appropriate security measures will be implemented, as required by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on Personal Data Protection in order to prevent losing of data, their incorrect or illegal use, and unauthorized access.
Reporting to third parties
Without prejudice to any communications to fulfil statutory obligations, personal data provided by Users, Supporters and Contributors will be carefully communicated only to third parties chosen for the support of the required service like:
- Trading and implementing partners, including AVSI Partner in the different countries which deal with Distance Support;
- Active representatives and volunteers in fundraising on behalf of AVSI;
- Company responsible for logistic and shipping activities;
- Banking institutions for the receipts and payments management, including distance electronic payment suppliers;
- Consultants and collaborators responsible for providing assistance in tax matters and accounting and legal guidance;
- Entities providing management services for the information system, databases and telecommunications networks;
- A company which provides the platform for the distribution of newsletter.
- Entities providing control, review and certification fulfilment.
Personal data provided through the website will be retained for the time needed for the fulfilment of the request that is in connection with the performance between the parties.
Concerning marketing specific purposes, please note that the provided data will be retained for a reasonable period of time from the last action which proves that the person is interested in AVSI (donation or awareness of informative communications and newsletter), except the right of the person concerned to withdraw that consent at any time.
Data subject’s rights
Under EU regulation 679/2016, it is recognised to the person concerned: the right to ask the controller the access to personal data (art. 15), rectification (art. 16), deletion of them or oblivion (art. 17), the restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject(art. 18), the right to data portability (art. 20) or to object their treatment (art. 21), as well as the right of not being subject to a decision based only on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or that equally and significantly han an impact on his person (art. 22).
If the processing of personal data is based on the consensus expressed that you have made, under article 7(3) of regulation, it is recognised the possibility to withdrawn at any time from the newsletter subscription, that is to say, withdrawn the consensus provided for the sending of communications and updates for marketing and business purpose.
You have also the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority in charge (article 77 of the regulation)if you think that the treatment, carried out by the controller, is not compliant.
Requests can be made against the controller by writing a letter to the headquarter which is Via Donatello, 5B 20131 Milan, Italy or by writing an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the websites of third parties
Change to this policy
AVSI reserves the right to change this policy if it is necessary. We invite you to monitor this page regularly if you want to keep an eye on change.